Friday, September 30, 2011

It's Friday morning...almost noon. Thanks to the help of a little pill last night I slept in until almost 11am this morning. It was glorious. Today is my earned day off from work. And boy have I earned it.

The trip to Edmonton as you know was cancelled and I was kinda totally bummed out about it. On Thursday I took a friend out to lunch, she was having one of those days and needed to get away. At lunch she got a text from one of her friends saying she couldn't make it Saturday for their trip to Edmonton, well she could still make it but she wasn't going to take her own vehicle and could they take my friends. So...this person wants to go shopping and wanted someone to go with her. She asks my friend T to go. She agrees to go knowing that none of the stores they visit will have anything that fits her. (What a good friend!) Then the friend says I still want to go but we need to take your vehicle....so T says thanks but no thanks. The other person across the table from us was in need of having a cot picked up in Edmonton and wondered if we knew anyone driving down. Suddenly I go "We should go to Edmonton on Saturday. We can take my truck we will pick up M's cot, go to Ikea and come back that night.

And so we are.

Today is my lazy day cause tomorrow is gonna be great but tiring. It's about a 4.5-5hour drive each way...yeah...each way. But with some good music and a friend in the passenger seat I know I'll be able to do it. And who wouldn't drive 10 hours to go to Ikea???

I'm in the middle of bleaching my hair so I can redye it. The last look of chocolate brown and fushia was great but I'm not willing to spend $200 every 4 weeks to keep it up. So fingers crossed that this experiment will work out. I may need to wear a hat for a while if it doesn't work out. LOL

The girls are enjoying my presence at home today and have been spending a good part of it on the deck watching traffic. If I get up some energy this afternoon I was thinking of doing some baking. But you know it isn't critical at this point in time. I love long weekends...and we have another one coming soon October 10 is just around the corner!

I have moved offices at work. Just across the hall. It's a step down...I lost my window office for an interior hall one...but whatever it's just an office and I have plans for it. Not only are we stopping at Ikea tomorrow where I will pick up some frames I am stopping at Walmart to pick up a few photos that I am having printed off to hang in my office. Then I hope to pick up a few office accessories to complete the look. It will be famulous when I'm done and I won't remember that I don't have windows. My inspiration for the office is T (who is going to Edmonton with me), her BF bought her this huge awesome print of Paris that hangs in her office. It must be 3 or 4 feet wide. Looks great and gives her a view.

So, how's your Friday?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

You have a great plan. Rest on Friday, travel on Saturday. You will have lots of fun on the journey and I think it is great that you have a travelling partner. I like the plans for the decorating of the office. You are so creative.

I look forward to hearing about the trip.

Edith

Jack said...

Jennifer:

Have a GREAT road trip! It sounds fun, and it's a great diversion from the routine. I am still busy with you know who, but it's all falling into place. Please tell us your fun adventures when you return.

Jack