Sunday, October 2, 2011

The trip to Edmonton was successful and we came back with a truck full of 'stuff.' Up at 5am and picked up T at 6am and on the road South shortly after that. We arrived in Edmonton just after 11am and the shopping began. First stop was to pick up something that another pal from work had requested and then off to the South side for Ikea...after a stop for lunch. We spent several hours wandering around in Ikea and I picked up some great things for my office makeover. Hit up a few other stores, spent some money and then hit the road again around 7:30pm. Arrived back just after midnight and I was hitting the sheets at 1am. Considing I had been up for 20 hours I was surprised I wasn't more tired.

It was nice to be back on some familiar roads and see some familiar sites.

Today I am having a very lazy day. I have piles of bags to put away and need to go to the office to put my new stuff away, but I don't feel like it yet...maybe later today. It's only 2pm after all so I still have lots of day left.

Besides, who doesn't deserve some down time after a day with 10 hours of driving?

3 comments:

Jack said...

Hi Jennifer:

So glad to hear you had a great time on your trip, and that you got to shop til you drop, so to speak. wow, a 20 hour day, that's a long day for sure. Have a great week.

Jack

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

Yahoo!! You had a great day trip to Edmonton. It was a long one but a productive one. Now you don't feel nearly so bad about not getting to go for work. A straight pleasure trip is always best. And not that you and your friend survived 20 hours together I bet you just might do something like this again which would be great for both of you. I can't wait to hear how the office looks when you are finished decorating!

I hope when you were ready to go to bed at 1 a.m. that the kittens were willing to settle down to sleep again too!

Edith

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,

Great to hear you got to Edmonton and home safe and sound! You will have to show us pics of the office when you get things sorted out, always nice to see the new stuff on display! Long day, but well worth the drive by the sounds of it, lots of bags to unpack sounds wonderful to me, hope you got all sorts of "Jennifer" items! Also hope the drive was enjoyable with your friend, 20 hours is a long, long day, but hey, shopping would be worth the drive in my opinion, and it was all for pleasure, not work. Any treat purchased for the babies? Now that we are into October it's time to start thinking about Xmas shopping as well. I do have a couple of things purchased already - it's never too early to start!

Enjoy your week ... Lori B.