Saturday, September 24, 2011

If this is my dad...stop reading now. It's another cat story.

My kitties are growing up. The other night I was laying on the couch reading and suddenly I had two cats with me on the couch taking cat naps. One cat on each side of my legs. They were quite content and if wasn't for the end of the book I'm not sure how long we would have cuddled. They are not really cuddly kitties--at least not with me. It was a great step forward in our life.

So, Friday night I come home with some take out food and there is a plastic fork in the bag that is wrapped in a plastic bag. I drop it on the floor with the intent of picking it up later. I never got the chance. Tundra decided that it would make a great toy and has been playing with it ever since. She picks it up, carries it around and comes running if I pick it up and make noise with the bag. It's so funny and cute and free!

Ok Dad you can start reading again.

Went to a trade show today here in FMMA. It was fun. Another gal from work and I went and almost 4 hours after we arrived we left with bags of stuff in hand and a few of those mini donuts in my tummy. I purchased a new pair of mitts, some Dr. Watkins vanilla and a bottle of roasted red pepper and onion relish. Plus 6 reusable shopping bags which are a necssity here in FMMA where plastic bags are banned and only available from take out restaurants and clothing stores--but only some of them. I also came back with a few pens and squeezie toys. With a ton of luck I will win a couple nights stay in a hotel in Edmonton. I'm hoping for that or that I win on my Lotto Max ticket I bought. LOL

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

When cats cuddle they are so adorable and loveable. Too bad they can be pains in the butt other times - let me in - let me out - feed me now. But when the cuddle and purr it is so relaxing. And when you read a newspaper they just have to lay on top of it so you can't read.

Sounds like the trade show was interesting. Isn't it fun to think about and plan for the Edmonton trip? Once you get there you will enjoy fulfilling the plans or altering them. I just know you will enjoy yourself.

Edith

Jack said...

Hi Jennifer:

That's a wonderful story about the fur babies! Isn't it amazing how they can take so many different objects and turn them into play toys?! Mine loves a metal bottle top every now & then. Trade show sounds great. I can tell you are happy about the trip to Edmonton.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,

Sounds like the babies are settling in to their new home, must be past the "teenage" years now!! I take it dad isn't a cat fan!! But they are your babies, his grandbabies!!

Trade show sounds like you enjoyed it, they can be fun, give you lots of ideas for sure.

Lori B.