Monday, September 19, 2011

The girls and I survived the fire alarm from Saturday night. They have likely long forgotten the incident--nice to have a brain the size of a pea.

Whipped up a HUGE batch of chocolate chip banana muffins. It was a disaster and the muffins are all still sitting on the counter waiting for me to take them to the garbage. I'm not sure what happened to them they seem very tough. Oh well. At least i did a quality control check on them yesterday and didn't bring them into the office.

The pool at the fantastic amazing multi-complex thingy here in town should be open again tomorrow so I hope to get back into a semi-routine and go swimming again. And the added bonus is that most of the construction that was in my way there is over now...most, but not all. I will now need to get on the highway to pass an intersection they are working on downtown--it isn't as out of the way as you might think cause the highway is close to downtown. Anyway, I'm excited about the pool being open again. It's big enough that I've always managed to get my own lane when I go to do laps.

Working on my list of things to buy when I head to Edmonton at the end of the month. I guess a trip to Value Village will be in order to pick up some clothes for my upcoming trip to Argentina. I'll need some new work clothes for the build site.

And my team from India is looking for some direction for another build sometime in 2012. I'm all for it but am not sure if we need to aim for the right month of the right country. We will see. Guess I should do some research and send off an email to Habitat to see what might be available.

The leaves are changing colour but according to a long term resident they go green, yellow, gone. Apparently there won't be many other colours besides yellow to look at then then suddenly one day they will be gone.

I know it sounds wrong and considering we will hit 25 again this week unlikely to happen soon but I am looking forward to the crisp days of fall.

3 comments:

Jack said...

Hi Jennifer,

The pool sounds like fun, hope you get lots of laps in at your leisure. The leaf colors--Yes, I would think that since you are fairly far north, they would not linger on the trees for a very long time. Wonder what happened to the muffins, that is odd. Have a good rest of the week.

Jack

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennier,

I had lots of great reading here to catch up! Between work and vacation I haven't been on the computer at home much. Great to see you back at the blogging. Lot of interesting happenings, the northern lights must of been a special sight, I wish we could see them more often and in all their brilliance! Fire alarm, how scary that would be to wake up to. You figured out quickly what was needed, kitties for sure!! I'd be so dopey getting woke up by the alarm I'm not sure I'd be able to think straight! Never know how we'd react until we are in a situation.

Sounds like swimming is in your near future and that you are looking forward to it. Enjoy!

End of the month is very close now, hope your shopping list is ready for city!

Great to see all the new posts, now I know I'll have to check more often!!

Cheers ... Lori B.

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

So glad the cats have recovered from the fire alarm. You don't want to go through that again any time soon. Maddening when your baking doesn't turn out. It is not just the loss of the ingrediets you use but the appetitie is waiting for the finished product to enjoy and then the enjoyment is taken away.

I think I would find it hard not to have yellow, red and orange colored leaves. Our leaves on PEI are so pretty but I'm not in a rush to lose the great weather we have been having.

Enjoy the planning for Edmonton.

I didn't clue in that Argentina is a Habitat build. I was thinking it was just a holiday. You are a very commited girl to habitat builds.

If I was swimming I would want my own lane to do laps too. Hope it works out for you.

Edith