Tuesday, September 27, 2011

So in a good news sad news story. The good news is the cats won't be alone this weekend. The sad news is I'm not going to Edmonton. I'm disappointed but there is nothing I can do but pout about it and be upset...I'm trying not to take that road. Instead I am trying to see the positive side of it...I won't be spending a ton of money on hotels, meals and shoes.

Since I hadn't mentioned the trip to the cats they don't seem to have any sympathy for my cancelled trip. On the other plus side one of my co-workers who had to sit through the pouty J when I first got the news on Friday offered to have me drive to Edmonton with her at the end of October. Which is truly very sweet of her and I'm debating taking her up on the offer.

Another forest fire yesterday just south of FMMA had us on high alert at the office yesterday in case of evacuation. With only one highway in/out of the community and the fire blocking that exit I'm not sure what evacuation would have meant but I didn't worry about it. It was 10km away from town and I was confident that they would do something to keep it away. Reports this morning are that the highway is open so I think the worst is over.

3 comments:

Jack said...

Jennifer:

I can understand why you are down about Edmonton. Yes, on the plus side, the cats, even though they did not know about your trip, will stay happy this weekend. By all! means, take up that offer & go to Edmonton later on. You will enjoy a change of scenery. Scary about the forest fires, stay safe.

Jack

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,

So sorry you aren't getting to Edmonton this weekend, you sounded like you were really going to enjoy it. I would take up the offer of your co-worker, it would be all play and no work, plus the drive might be nice too! Just think of the money you can save from now until then, more to spend, shoes are calling you!!

Cheers ... Lori B.

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

Sorry to hear about the change in plans about Edmonton. These things can be disappointing but you can't dwell on it. You need to pick up and keep on with work. Going up to Edmonton with the co-worker sounds like a good plan. You could split the cost of the trip and it would be less expensive.

I think the forest fire is very scary. I can't imagine what it would be like worrying about whether it will hit your town and block off your highway. If you can block that out and carry on good for you.

Edith