Friday, October 7, 2011

I was awoken early Wednesday morning to that very unsettling feeling that overcomes one before they vomit. UGH. Sick. Too sick for work. Too sick to eat, drink, think and watch stupid tv. I wasn't feeling much better on Thursday morning and stayed home for a second day in a row. Friday of the long weekend I headed to the office for a few hours and while I had a few people say to me "You look terrible, should you be at work?" I stayed until early afternoon before heading home. Now I'm camped out on the couch with my kitties watching Coronation Street and hoping that the last bit of naseau goes away before tomorrow morning.

I know, I shouldn't complain. With so many people going through terrible things in the world a few days of flu(?) shouldn't make me grumble.

Other than Thanksgiving dinner at a co-workers on Sunday my only plans for the weekend are to get better and clean the apartment, my clothes, the floors and apparently the top of the ac's as I noticed that there is a pile of cat fur on top of it. ick.I have never been a great house keeper.

What are your plans for the weekend?

3 comments:

Jack said...

Oh Jennifer,

I am so sorry to hear you are not feeling well. Please feel better very soon!! Your babies will keep you company, enjoy their love & companionship..they know when we are not feeling well.

Jack

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,

I hope that when you are reading this that you are feeling better, would hate to hear you missed a big dinner on Sunday, although today you probably aren't thinking that sounds too good. A positive is that it didn't happen in Edmonton, or worse yet, on the drive, that would have been a miserable trip if you were ill then. A few days away from work, on the couch with the babies will hopefully have you feeling better soon. House work can wait, I'm not great at it, don't believe in routine cleaning, it interferes too much with other plans, and will always be there if I feel like doing it later.

We are cooking a 14 lb turkey at our house tomorrow and will be taking it to my mom's where my side of the family will gather. Then on Sunday go to my sister-in-laws for another turkey dinner! Life is rough, I know!! Since we are taking the turkey to mom's, we will hopefully get to take home left over turkey, if there's any. Mom has a wall oven that doesn't hold a big bird, we quite often cook the xmas turkey too, but don't get to keep any of it as my sister provides that one!

Take care and hope you get feeling well soon!!

Lori B.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer: That stomach flu you had sounds awful. There have been flu bugs on the go on PEI too. So far I have escaped them. Cuddling at home with the fur babies would be much better than trying to concenrate on work and wondering when the next hurl will take place.

I'm having Thanksgiving dinner at my sister's next door today. Tomorrow she, another sister, and two brothers and I are off to Cape Breton for some Celtic Colors entertainment. We will return on Monday. I'll delay my turkey dinner unti October 23 and combine it as a family birthday dinner for my brother. My kitten won't be too happy when he is left outside for the entire day tomorrow (but it will be 20 degrees) and then outside on Monday until I return. My nephew will let him in Sunday night and let him out Monday morning. But with me around all day now he is very use to popping in and out of the house at his whim. Spoiled - I know!

So I hope you are feeling up to enjoying a nice dinner on Sunday and you have Monday to lounge around,clean or do laundry.

Edith