Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Tuesday was my first trip to my new personal trainer. Yep...I'm going to a trainer. She was great. My arms are a bit of jello today. Not enough to keep my from doing anything, but enough that I know I participated. I'm going with a gal from work so we share the session. We both think that having the other attending will be beneficial. I'm more likely to not cop out if someone else is going. We actually booked our 10 sessions last night and that will keep us going until the end of November.

The cost is a bit more than my bank account wants to take at the moment but will be a good investment in me. Yeah me.

Next session is tomorrow night and I'm not looking forward to it but I do know that when I get there I will enjoy it. And I'm only not looking forward to it because I'm tired tonight. It was an early start today and it is an early start tomorrow.

The two monsters are driving me nuts tonight and last night. Not enough kitty attention going on. Hudson walks around meowing all night. All she wants is to go out and when she gets out she just wants to get in again. Sigh. Bring on the snow so I don't need to listen to that anymore. Last night Tundra found a small ball of yarn to play with. She has yarn from the bedroom into the kitchen then into the living room and back again. Her favorite spot lately...in front of the toilet on the mat. Which is fine during the day/evening but once I go to bed it isn't so great. I never bother with lights at night and I step on her on a regular basis. You'd think she'd learn...nope. I don't understand the thrill of the bathroom but what do I know, I sleep in a bed.

4 comments:

Jack said...

Hi Jennifer,

Wow, your own personal trainer! That sounds great! I am sure you will like it once you get into the routine of it. The ball of yarn story is funny, don't let it trip you in the middle of the night if you have to get up! In front of the toilet..maybe she likes the sound of the water? Mine loves to drink from the running faucet & not from a bowl. Have a great Thursday!

Jack

Anonymous said...

Jennifer,

Interesting to have a personal trainor I'd think, make you feel special and also, know that what you are doing is for you personally, not a room of 30 - 100 others at all different stages of fitness, or if I was there zero fitness level !! You will be nicely toned for your build, hammering twice as hard as last time!! I'm sure it will be well worth the dollars you are using and you won't miss the money when it's gone and you are fit. You would have found somewhere else to spend it, it never lasts long. I also agree that going with someone else keeps us a bit more committed as we don't want to let someone else down.

Kittens and yarn, can picture that one!! Hopefully she jumps away from you quickly when you're in there in the dark and she's on the mat!

Enjoy the rest of the work week, not much of it left - yippee!!

Lori B.

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

Having a personal trainer will keep you more committed to the training rigors and you will reap more benefits. I agree with Lori, you will ge more out of the work out this way then being one of many people in a class with no personal attention.

Yarn and kiteens is a natural match. Not a noisy game to listen to either. But you have to be careful when walking around te apartment.

I don't understand why your kitty likes the mat in the bathroom either. Would be interesting if yo changed the mat if she would still sleep ther or not. She may just like that mat or like Jack said, she might like the sound of the water in there. Either way, she needs to make tracks when Jennifer needs to use that room!

Edith

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

One week later - how is personal training going?

Edith