Sunday, July 17, 2011

I missed the weekend. I was out for a hike today and realized it was Sunday...which means Saturday is long gone and I return to work tomorrow. Huh. Where did Saturday go? Oh well...guess that happens every weekend.

I headed out across the bridge today to the 'other side' of town and up into a park area. It is quite a large park and my walk was about 6km in total. I took a very odd set of trails. The unmarked fork in the road meant I walked a bit farther than intended but still a lovely time. Apparently there are 130km worth of trails here in town. I am not going to make it my mission to walk them all.

Got the living room re-arranged this weekend which makes me feel better...having art work leaning against the wall with two cats who love to find new ways to entertain themselves daily was making me nervous. I essentially flipped everything in the room so I am no longer sitting right beside the AC/Heater. And the tv is now sitting on top of the coffee table instead of being up on the wall well over my line of site causing me a pain in the neck.

Making rosemary scalloped potatoes with salmon cakes for supper. Doesn't that sound yummy? The fresh herbs on the deck are getting used on a regular basis. Too bad the tomato plant is going to die soon without bearing fruit. There are tons of tomatoes on it but the leaves are all turning yellow and dying...boo. I was really looking forward to fresh tomato still warm from the sun.

Looking into a camping trip next weekend. I drove by the closest park on Tuesday so I know where it is and a few people from work go there all the time so I understand it is pretty nice. I'm scheduled to be in Edmonton for work on the 28th and had thought about staying down for the long weekend but realized today that it might not be a good idea to leave the two munchkins alone for so long. I would need to leave here on Wednesday night...and without my truck I'm stuck using taxis cause the public transport in Edmonton isn't the greatest unless I want to go in a straight line. Most of the sites are booked up for the long weekend, so the weekend before should work. And I'll aim for a long weekend in/around Edmonton in September so I can stock up on groceries.

Life in FMMA continues to be enjoyable. I like the view from my apartment and while I'm not wishing away the summer am looking forward to seeing the leaves change colour around me. I'm meeting lots of nice folks at work and over all two thumbs up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,

It's so good to hear such positive comments about FMM. Sounds like you are really fitting in and enjoying the place. Hiking sounds good, not for me, but I know lots of folks who really enjoy it.

Weekends do disappear before we know it, I know I make a mental list of what I plan to accomplish on any given weekend and hardly ever get near half of it! Guess that means the week days go quick too!

I love scallop potatoes but have never added rosemary, I might do that next time, although my rosemary isn't as fresh as yours, mine is in a lovely little bottle! I love it on roasts and roasted veggies.

If you aren't blogging again before the camping trip I hope the sun shines for you!

Lori B.

Anonymous said...

Jennifer: You are really getting around and seeing what your new home has to offer you. Good for you.

Weekends will not be the same for me anymore. I'm officially finished work. I feel like I'm on vacation at the moment although some day it will hit me that I'm retired and not going back. I was home one day after my last day of work and then drove to Levi, Quebec and spent some time in Quebec City before heading to Trois Riviere Friday night for the wedding on Saturday. Only returned home on Monday night about 9 pm so today was the first day back.

I am so happy to hear that all goes well at the job and that you are meeting so many new, nice people. You deserve to be having such a great time in your life.

Edith