Monday, August 20, 2012

Where does the time go? I have no idea. Work is terrific. I am really enjoying the new company I am with...yeah! The first week was spent in Grande Prairie, second in Red Deer and Calgary then a week traveling with my new boss. Good times. I'm back in the Mac the next two weeks and am ready to go...well, sorta.

I have the apartment--YEAH!! I have the movers scheduled, not only for my stuff from FMM but my stuff from PEI as well. Phone, cable, internet, etc is booked and the cat sitter was booked just waiting confirmation. All that is left is to find someone to clean the carpets and I'm done. I just wish it was sooner.

Can't wait to get to GP to get immersed in the new job and new life. It is odd working from afar when you are not yet familiar with the new job. No worries...I know, soon enough I will be in GP.

The cats are obviously aware that something is going on. I've traveled the past three weeks and every day there are more boxes stacked in the closet. However I am able to keep them distracted by simply playing with the laser pointer I got them. They drive me bonkers some days wanting me to play with it....but I need to occasionally not play with it so they do not expect it every night.

And now...I'm off to play laser tag with the two furry monsters in my bedroom.

3 comments:

Jack said...

Hi Jennifer,

So glad you are enjoying your new job. I am sure it is hard working from afar, but it will be better once you're there physically and get settled in. Glad to hear you have everything scheduled and set and ready to go. Make sure you get adequate rest right now for a while.

Jack

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

Good email. Full of great news and positive outlooks. You are so organized that I'm not surprised you have everything mapped out. The fur balls will love their new home. Little do they know all the fun that awaits them. I have no doubts about you and the new job. If you can do it from afar imagine how much easier it will be when you are on site!

Edith

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,

Sounds like everything is falling into place for you and your babies, glad to hear it's all just a matter of timing now, getting them there, yourself and your belongings. You will have a great time getting things set up in a larger apartment, nothing like extra space to fill!! It's great to hear such positive comments on the new job, and I imagine you won't have any trouble adjusting to traveling for work, it seems like you have been on the road for years!! Lots of moves since you left in 2006 (I think).

Oh boy, I'm struggling with proving I'm not an alien!! The letters got me about 6 times so far. As mom says, try, try, and try again .... here goes ...

Lori B.