Monday, August 27, 2012

Just what every fur mom wants to hear....

"Great news! They arrived on the earlier flight today so they are here and settled already! The gals at the airport were fawning over them :-) They are such a cute pair!"

Of course they are cute--and well behaved. :)

Dropped the two fur babies off at the airport this am. They meowed when I separated them to get them downstairs but as soon as they were in the big kennel together they were quiet. They didn't say anything when I was with them at the airport. So much better behaved than most animals that arrived there so I'm told.

The movers arrived two days early--Saturday afternoon instead of Monday so it was a bit frantic that afternoon but no problem--I got it done. OK, the movers got it done. My stuff is now in storage awaiting my arrival in mid-September. The rest of my belongings will meet me in GP at the end of September. So very happy about that. I keep looking at the apartment layout and re-arranging all my furniture in my head. It will be very exciting to finally move in...and I will be kept busy for weeks re-arranging furniture. :)
 
 
Tundra behind the gate. Hudson was hiding in the back.

A couple of weeks ago we were lazy, happy kitties.
 Now we are traveling kitties again. Tundra loves to travel but it always worried she won't get fed. LOL
I bought a couple of paintings from a local artist. The two paintings on the board beside him are mine. I am not on vacation but what a  wonderful way to remember my time here in Fort Mac. I've been in a number of times to see his work. He does wonderful portraits. I love the smell of oil paint and turpentine in the shop.




And this past weekend I tried my hand at geocaching. What is it?

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia















Geocaching is an outdoor recreational activity in which the participants use a Global Positioning System (GPS) receiver or mobile device[2] and other navigational techniques to hide and seek containers, called "geocaches" or "caches", anywhere in the world.
A typical cache is a small waterproof container containing a logbook where the geocacher enters the date they found it and signs it with their established code name. Larger containers such as plastic storage containers (Tupperware or similar) or ammunition boxes can also contain items for trading, usually toys or trinkets of little value. Geocaching shares many aspects with benchmarking, trigpointing, orienteering, treasure-hunting, letterboxing, and waymarking.
Geocaches are currently placed in over 200 countries[citation needed] around the world and on all seven continents, including Antarctica,[3] and the International Space Station.[4] After more than 12 years of activity there are over 1.7 million active geocaches published on various websites. There are over 5 million geocachers worldwide.[5]

  
So there you have it. Here's a few pictures from the trip.

When you find a geocache you should sign it and let people know when you found it. 
 This is the cache I found. They don't all look like this.

 Can you see it?
No, look closer.....

 See the bolt behind the bolt....that's it.

I may have found  a fun new hobby.

1 comment:

Jack said...

Hi Jennifer,

So glad the fur girls made the flight with ease. Also glad the movers came early, and that part is now behind you. That is almost like putting a message in a bottle and launching the bottle out to sea, but I'm old school. Really neat idea. Have a good rest of your week.

Jack