Sunday, August 5, 2012

Back in the Mac since Friday evening and wondering who managed to make all this mess since I got back. I know it was me but it would be so much easier to blame the cats.

They survived their 5 days alone with no issues at all. They still had lots of food and water so I have no issues leaving them alone for 5 days in the future. They passed the test. I think they missed me every bit as much as I missed them....I'm truly turning into the crazy cat lady who can't stop talking about her cats or showing pictures of them around as my new colleagues will attest to.

Still waiting word on the apartment so hopefully I get that call sometime tomorrow. Once that happens I will be able to breathe a sigh of relief and move on to the next stage of moving including getting the cable, internet, etc set up.

And I have decided to join the present century and am getting myself a cell phone. But not just any phone an Iphone. Since I will be traveling with my new job I want to be able to still have access to friends and family so the iphone will allow me to email, facebook, blog, etc but without having to carry around a 5 pound computer. I can call from anywhere on the road and receive calls as well. I think it will be the right solution for my new lifestyle.

Picked up the new glasses yesterday and will post a shot I took of them. Hard to get a picture of oneself using a webcam.


And now I'm off for the afternoon to hang with friends and enjoy the sunshine. Enjoy your weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

You have this packing and moving thing down pat. Don't be discouraged when you look around the apartment and see a mess. Just put those packing skills to work and you will make short work of it.

If only those cute cats knew the new adventure that awaits them and their new home.

I really think you will be happy with the Iphone. Those that have them, that I know, are very happy with them and their multi use.

Fingers crossed you get that apartment!!!

Edith

Jack said...

Jennifer,

Fingers crossed on both hands for the OK call tomorrow. You will love the Iphone, hope you get the 4s like I've got, and you're right, it beats being tied to a computer all the time :) I like the glasses! Just make sure you are getting enough rest and time for yourself, once you get the approval call, everything will fall into place! Enjoy the rest of your Sunday with friends!!

Jack