Friday, August 3, 2012

Viewed a couple of apartments the other day and went back yesterday (Thursday) to put my damage deposit down on one of them. They are in the middle of approving my application and I will hopefully know no later than Monday if I have been deemed worthy. I don't know why I always fret over this kind of thing...stupid really but I worry that I will not be accepted. It is quite a process to get approval. I had to provide a statement from my employer with proof that I make 3X the rent, proof from previous landlords that I pay on time and am not a party animal. And pictures of my cats so they can see them for the approval.

So I wait.

The apartment I picked is great. It is older and has carpet which I could live without but the cats will love. There are two bedrooms. One for sleeping, one for a craft room. There is a large storage closet that I will put a deep freeze in and a couple of other closets for storage. The living room/dining room is huge 12 feet X 20 feet. I won't have enough furniture for this. LOL. And the deck...well, the deck is what sold me I think. It is about 20 feet long. Lots of room for plants, sitting and cats.

This morning I'm off to view the Kitty Condos in town to check before I make the arrangements to send the cats over later in the month. Yes, the cats will travel in style again flying in to GP while I follow by truck. I think it is more for my sanity than theirs. I do not think I would like to spend 10 hours driving with two cats.

Off to my last day of work for this week. First week has been great and I look forward to the rest. Have a great weekend.

2 comments:

Jack said...

Hi Jennifer,

Sounds like you have picked a great place. Having a deep freeze sounds divine. But, my goodness, that sounds like a real headache having to go through all that stuff just to get the place. My fingers are crossed! Are you sure you don't want to drive 10 hours with 2 fur children? (Just kidding, you know that.) Have a good weekend!!

Jack

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

Kitty Condos - I love the name. So the cats live in style until you move them in with you. You are the best cat owner ever. I hope you and red have a safe and uneventful drive down. Ten hours is a lot shorter then your drive from PEI to Fort McMurray so after one day of driving you will have arrived. It is hard to see things from a landlord's point of view but I guess if you got stiffed for rent a few times you learn to be very careful. It really sounds like over kill to me. The description of the apartment sounds great. I agree that the carpet could go but it will be warm on your feet and your kittens will enjoy it. They will also enjoy that large deck!

Edith