Thursday, November 3, 2011

Oh the things one can find on the internet. Today I learned that girls can pee standing up. I saw/heard about it in a tv show and well, had to know. And now I do. There is a knack to it but it could prove a useful trick for the next build. I won't explain it, if you are really interested--google it.

Had a really good day at work today. One of those ones when it wasn't hurried or frantic and nothing major popped up. One of those days when you get stuff done and feel you are master of your desk.

As we get older we generally find that we are becoming more andmore like our parents. In this next case I think my mom is becoming more like me. My mom is heading down to New York city to help out at the Bowery Mission.

"The Bowery Mission has served homeless and hungry New Yorkers since 1879, when its neighborhood came to define the term “skid row.” Our children’s programs, called Kids With A Promise, serve at-risk youth and began in 1894 by giving the children of recent immigrants the chance to escape the tenements in the summer."

"This year, our donors and volunteers helped The Bowery Mission provide more than 356,000 meals, 34,000 bags of groceries, 72,100 nights of shelter and 45,300 articles of clothing, as well as showers, haircuts, 500 professional doctor’s appointments and 100 eye examinations at our in-house clinic."

Mom's heading down with a group from her church, including a very close family friend. Have a great time ladies. Mom, I'm proud of you.

3 comments:

Jack said...

Hi Jennifer,

That's great that your Mom is going to New York to volunteer. So much of the world needs help nowadays. I think I'll pass on googling your first statement on your latest update, LOL. Have a great weekend!

Jack

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

Wow, good for you mom and her church group. I bet she will be hooked and want to go back again.

Glad you had a super productive day at work. Happy Weekend.

Edith

Anonymous said...

Practice before you go -- I did in the tub! and it works!