Sunday, November 6, 2011

Before my mother headed out on her trip she asked what I wanted for my birthday/Christmas. So...this morning I decided to put together a WISH list...this is by no means the actual list but the grandiose if I had a lot of money and was a frivilous person this is what I would buy list...





I'll start with this gorgeous dress from Dolce & Gabbana. An absolute steal at $4,525. That's US so it would be a wee bit cheaper in CDN $.


This shoe is a steal at just under 100 pounds. It doesn't go with the dress, but I'm sure I could find something else to wear with them. I just think they are fabulous.


And that's the end of my list. lol...short and sweet. ah well.

Just got back from the gym and it was awesome. I enjoy going once I get there and we all know the biggest hurdle is the going. It is certainly helping to have a gym buddy. Another 5 sessions before I head out on my holiday...which is only 26 days away!

Haven't started looking for a cat sitter yet. I'm hopeful I can get someone from work to come in and look at them a couple of times. It is a short trip so I figure they only need three visits (at a minimum) to make sure they have enough water and that they haven't totally destroyed the house. They are being super cuddly today. Earlier we all fell asleep together on the couch which is a super rare occasion. It was delightful...right up until the phone rang and the two of them bolted.

The weather has taken a downward turn and we have been in the below zero temps for the past week....but still no snow. I did notice that the river has ice all around the edges and is looking gorgeous. I can see the river from my deck. And with the downward turn in the temps my two monsters are not as anxious to be outside. Actually, they are anxious to be out but then change their minds when I actually open the door.

I went to a passion party last night. One of the girls from work invited me and I'm glad I went. It was a ton of laughs and a great group of gals. I hope to hang out with some of them again.

Hoping to head to Edmonton the weekend after next for a quick one day trip again. Would like to pick up a couple of items before my trip and hey, a girls day in Edmonton is never a bad thing.

And another short week coming up. I always mark Rememberance day in my own way and will do the same again this year. I hope you do too.

3 comments:

Jack said...

Hi Jennifer,

The shoes are over the top, lol. Hope Santa is good to you for Christmas and your birthday this year. I am sure you will find the right person to check on the babies while you are on holiday. Have a great week.

Jack

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

That was quite a dream list and even if you did have the money I'm not sure you would spend it that way - not when you go on habitat builds

So glad to hear life is treating you well and that you are enjoying the small things in life that are so nice. I can just see you and "red" heading to Edmonton for that shopping day. Go girl!

Edith

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,

Didn't get to see the picture of the dress, don't know if it's my computer, but I tried at home too and couldn't view it; however, the shoe is very interesting, looks like a fairy tale princess shoe!

Hope by now you have a sitter for the babies while your away. Don't want them to go hungry while away, or total the apartment, they seem to be busy little bees! Might be good if they don't like the cold, their little paws would freeze quick since they are indoor babies.

Hope you have a great run to Edmonton on the weekend. Road trips are always fun. Sounds like a good bunch of lades at the passion party, they can be quite comical, you have to go with an open mind for sure!! Hopefully some of them are on the road trip!

Enjoy the long weekend ... Lori B.