Sunday, July 8, 2012


I've added the start of the trip before this entry...so start at the entry before this and work your way back up.

Monday and we are up early and after an awesome breakfast of scrambled eggs and bacon we headed out to find a waterfall the guide book had mentioned but that we had failed to find the day before. I had consulted our guidebooks and determined we were within 10km. We never did find it.

What we did find was an owl on the side of the road. He sat there and didn't move as we circled back to take his picture. It was only when I accidentally revved the engine that he flew away. Here is the pic I got. Below is a picture of an owl that we captured on the way back--same owl we think, at least they look alike to me.


Back on the highway after our first animal siting we head into Fort Nelson--truly a Northern town--they have a Northern store and I make Kim take a picture for me. I am sure she is still questioning my want of it...but I was traveling down nostalgia lane.

We had lunch at Summit Lake. Noted as a potential awesome camping site.

Nice bear.
This little guy likes dandelions.
The best cinnamon buns of the whole trip.
Gorgeous view of fog through trees and hills. The rainy skies did bring in some nice views.
Summit Lake camping...right on the lake.
View of Summit Lake.
The next part of my book is where I wrote all the animals we saw here is the list. foxes
owl
hen & chicks
moose
bison
black bears
brown bears
grizzly bears
rabbits
swans
sheep or goats
ground squirrels
porcupines
llamas
horses
bald eagles
chipmunks
curry eating squirrel

I have the opportunity to head to the beach for the rest of the day...so instead of sitting here updating the blog--I'm off. It will reach 33 celcius today and that is HOT for me. More updates later.

4 comments:

Jack said...

Hi Jennifer,

Wonderful photos! I love the owl one, as well as the bears, the fog though the mountains and the wooden bridge. I'll bet it was oh so very peaceful, no phone ringing, no computer, just the quiet natural sounds of nature. I am so glad you had a great time, also love the photo of you and the beaver! Have a great time at the beach the rest of they day, and a great week ahead!!

Jack

Anonymous said...

Jennifer: I can't imaine that you were not nervous taking the bear pictures. So nice to have but I wouldn't want to get too close to a bear. I'm glad you went back and took the owl's picture. I think he was just waiting for the picture opt!

Edith

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

Curry eating squirrel! hehehe

Anonymous said...

Hey Jennifer,

Love the pictures, if I had to pick a fav it would be the fog and the trees, very peaceful and beautiful. The wooden bridge is neat, I believe I'd be a tad nervous going over it though! All in all, it sounds (and looks) like it was a successful trip, lots that you saw and enjoyed. I like the sound of the bed you slept in, have seen them advertised and always wondered if they were as comfy as advertised. Hope this was a great break for you and that you get in some more camping while the weather is nice. don't know if I'd enjoy being so close to bears though, that would freak me! No doubt the cats were thrilled to see you home to get some mommy love and hugs.

Lori B.