Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Weekend was a success. I managed to cook a great big pot of butter chicken, meatballs, pork meatloaf, and some pork dumplings. The pork dumplings were WAY too much work and I doubt I will try that one again. Sigh. But the rest of the food is tasty and well worth the effort. The freezer is full and I have meat to last me for a LONG, LONG time.

Today marked one year with my current job. YEAH me. Still in love with it and hoping to stay for along, long time. Ah, isn't that nice to hear. :)

This weekend we are off to Edmonton to enjoy the extra long weekend that is staring at me. I'm done at noon on Friday and not due back to the office until Tuesday at 8am. Whoo hoo!!! We are coming back to GP Sunday night so I still have Monday to get ready for the week ahead...and so Dave can get ready too for his next set of shifts.

I had a great weekend with him working 8-8. I got to do my stuff during the day, settle into my evening with a glass of wine and then a short visit with him before I would kick him out for the evening. Perfect. LOL I think he was finding the 12 hour days long but I understand that he will get used to them. They usually do. I'm happy to only work 8 hours a day but he advantage of working 7 days of 12 hour days is that you have every other week off....and I only have weekends. Hmmm. Maybe I should become a mechanic. LOL...nah.

Can you believe that summer is half over?

2 comments:

Jack said...

Hi Jennifer,

Glad to hear your cook-a-thon went great. Hope you & Dave have great trip and long weekend in Edmonton.

Jack

Anonymous said...

Jennifer: You do amaze me with your cooking binge. I know you will have fun in Edmonton. I met relatives last weekend who came from Grand Prairie. Now they live in Height. Hope you enjoyed your long weekend.

Edith