Thursday, February 14, 2013

I had been looking towards V day up until the BF decided to leave and since then I've been dreading it. The day was overall pretty good but it did start off on a down turn.

I fell down a few stairs at work. 3 or 4 of them. I was doing a good deed--I took cupcakes to work and as I was carrying them downstairs to share I fell. I bruised my knees, hurt my ankle, my hip and of course my pride. The cupcakes took a tumble in their container but survived. My container may not have survived though. It has a couple of missing pieces. Ah well. No major harm done.

The week has flown by and I was surprised to see that tomorrow is Friday. And Friday here in Alberta will be the start of the long weekend in February. I can't wait. I can have Monday to work on packing my bags and cleaning the house before I fly out Friday evening. Ah, Friday....so close.

Yes, still super duper excited. Met one of my teammates today and that got me even more excited.

The two kitties are still in the dark about my upcoming departure but they will be well looked after--of course while I am gone. I have two people scheduled to come in and see them every now and then. They will miss me but of course I will miss them too.

The weather here is up and down. This morning it was -13 and by noon it was -1. Coat this morning and no coat this afternoon. I was wearing shoes and the other people I saw around town were wearing snow boots.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer: I can't imagine how scared you were when you fell. Thank heavens you had no major injuries, especially, with your habitat build so close. I'm sure you will be sore for quite a while. Sad that the BF is gone but the trip will give you some positive thoughts for the next while. Glad to hear the babies will have good care while you are gone. Let us know if you are setting up a separate blog for the trip so we can follow the details of the build.

Edith

Jack said...

Oh Jennifer!!!

I am so sorry you fell, but VERY glad you did not break any bones!!I had no doubt you have arranged excellent care for the fur babies while you are gone. I made it to the beach ok, but own my own. Stopped a lot on the way down, per requirements. I can't wait for your blog posts from Vietnam!!! If we don't hear from you before, have a safe, worry free and happy flight!

Jack