Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Tuesday evening and I am parked on the rug in front of the tv avoiding kitchen duties and responsibilities. I cooked a nice sized turkey on Sunday and have made a large batch of my yummy butter chicken and am almost finished making a HUGE batch of soup.

The dishes are sitting in hot water waiting for me and the cats have calmed down some...spoke to soon. Tundra just took a crazy run and jump across the living room.

Work is fantastic. I am still as much in love with the company, my boss and co-workers as I was on the first day. And I hired some help for myself on Friday. She is great and is going to learn fast.

GP continues to be my friend and I am having a great time slowly exploring the city. Last Saturday I went downtown to enjoy the sunshine. It was one of those fantastic crisp fall days when you can get away with a great sweater and a pair of sunglasses. I stopped into the farmers market, visited a locally owned tea store and found this great store that smelled of pickled beets and fresh garlic. They have jars of locally made pickles, jams, jellies, carrots, etc. I will be back for sure. Downtown is nice and only a few blocks so it doesn't take a lot of time to cover it but you can easily spend an afternoon wandering from store to store. I happened upon a festival(?) of sorts. There was a band, artists painting on the street, activities for passersby and art to buy. I didn't buy any.

The apartment is coming along nicely. I have hung a total of 4 objects so far. So many more to go but I can't figure out where I want them. All in good time.

I think another trip to Edmonton is coming up at the end of the month. Maybe just one night this time...but I'll see. I think the trip will be good for the soul.

Later this month I'm heading up to Northern Alberta for some visits. By then I should have found the cord for the camera so I can take some more photos. I filled up the only card I have been able to find a few weeks ago and can't download the photos to take more. LOL. Ah well...c'est la vie.

Guess I have procrastinated enough...off to finish the soup.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,

Great to see a post and that all is well in GP! Sounds like the new work place is wonderful - I am pleased for you! Always good when you are so upbeat after starting a new job. Are you still doing HR work?

Butter chicken (turkey) sounds yummy as does soup, I could handle making the chicken but I suck at making chicken soup, it just tastes like hot water! I gave up trying, even used different spices, etc but no luck so don't even try anymore!

Sounds like you and the cats are settling in, looking forward to some pics of new apt and of GP, don't know much about the place.

Take care ... Lori B.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer: So glad to hear that you are happy in your job and in your home. Those cat children seem to adapt where ever you move them to. As long as they have their mommy they are content. You must find their presence so comforting. We love to hear from you when you get a chance to post here for us.

Edith

Jack said...

Hi Jennifer,

So glad to hear from you, and also so glad to hear you are liking your new job and getting settled into your new apartment, and that the fur girls are also adjusting. Seems like you made the perfect choice career wise. We have missed hearing from you, but have understood it takes a while to get settled, and how hectic all of that is. Please keep us posted!

Jack