Monday, June 11, 2012

I've officially been in Fort McMurray for one year. Wow. Wednesday marks one year at my current job.

Seems hard to believe doesn't it.  And I am marking it on my own by going on vacation on Friday. Oh Friday how sweet you are and how I look forward to you. LOts left to do and not lots left to do. If I do too much ahead of time I get bored waiting for the day and start repacking and take too much. If I do too little ahead of time I am rushing on the last day and leaving a mess behind. It is a balancing act.

Gave the instructions to the cat sitter today. One of the gals from work is going to pop in a few times and check on them. The great part of having purries is that they can spend a few days alone.

It's Monday and I felt like jazzing things up a bit so I wore this:

They jingle as I walk and it makes me happy. The cats were not sure what to make of the noise tonight. I danced around for a bit to make them jingle more and it drove Tundra nuts.





3 comments:

Jack said...

Hi Jennifer,

Wow, Yes, it is hard to believe you have been in Fort McMurray for one year already! Time files, doesn't it? I'll bet the jingling did make the cats batty, but I am sure it was fun. Glad to hear you are in such a great mood, and so excited to go on your vacation! I hope you and your friend have a wonderful and safe trip!

Jack

Anonymous said...

Jennifer: You are almost on vacation and the hours will fly by until you are. I just know you will have a terrific time. I'm glad you have someone stopping in to check on the cats. They may be able to be on their own for a few days but they will be lonely and will be anxious to see someone.

Take care and really enjoy yourself.

Jack I hope you are feeling ok these days and able to enjoy yourself.

Edith

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer

Glad I checked in today so I can wish you a happy holiday and hope you have sunshine and no rain on the camping trip. I know you will enjoy sitting around your campfire, that will start like a pro, due to your fire starters!! I like your ankle bracelets, I assume you got those on one of your India trips, very pretty and feminine and am sure the felines wondered what was up!

Cheers to you ... Lori B.