Wednesday, June 6, 2012

My pinky finger has been sore for about a week now. I was having all kinds of thoughts around arthritis and left it for a week hoping it would go away. LOL. It didn't. But at the Dr office yesterday I finally asked about it and after a few minutes he said sprain. Apparently they don't do much if you break or sprain your pinky. He offered to tape it but I said no. Today though I broke down and taped it to my ring finger. It was painful to hit the a key before the taping and now I can barely hit just one key with my taped fingers. My touch typing has turned into garble. This is the pinky on my left hand--and I am left handed so it gets used a lot. And you hit or rest on your pinky a lot....which of course I never knew before. I am hoping it will get the break it needs while I am on holiday and by the time I return it will be healed. But for the next 8 days I will have crappy typing skills at work.

3 comments:

Jack said...

Hi Jennifer,

Sorry to hear about the sprain. You will do fine 'hen pecking' the keyboard at work, it just takes a little extra time out of your workday. I had to go to a spine center yesterday and got pain pills for my leg and back. I guess all of us are getting older day by day. Hang in there, it will be healed and a distant memory come vacation time!!

Jack

Anonymous said...

Jennifer: Owww. Sounds like the pinky finger injury would be miserable. Hope it feels better soon. A sprain would go away sooner than arthrisis would.

Edith

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,

Hope the pinky is feeling better after some time taped and not in use! Sounds like it would be quite tender and uncomfortable. Some good old camping will help, at least take your mind off it while checking scenery!

Jack hope your visit to spine centre gave some relief. This getting older is painful (yes, pun intended!) Arthritis has got me, notice raining days before they arrive now! I'm not as bad off as a lot of people I know, but it is uncomfortable.

Hope everyone had a grand weekend... Lori B.