Sunday, April 1, 2012

There are great big fluffy flakes of snow falling from the sky. The type of flake that lands on your eye lashes and causes you to blink from the sheer weight of it. And once you blink it is gone. They have been falling for hours and besides being great for catching on the tongue and eye lashes serve no purpose. They are not covering the ground in a soft white blanket they only obscure my view out the window. Yesterday afternoon I sat on my deck in the sunshine, Mike's Hard Lemonade in hand, shorts, t-shirt on while the cats lay on the deck. We all absorbed the heat and sunshine. What a great afternoon....can't wait for more of those. It was one of those terrific spring days that reminds you that summer is just around the corner--so get ready. I spent the weekend cleaning the house and doing laundry. I am hopeful that it will stay clean until Friday. I have Good Friday off and have plans to scrap book the weekend away--or head out for a walk if we get some great weather.Either way I do not plan to spend it doing chores. Tax refund arrived on Friday and was quickly sent to visa. Tax refund is now gone. Monday starts another 7 days of no spending money. I did it in January and it went well so thought I should try it again. I would like to do it once every 3 months or so. I do plan to pay rent and the phone bill but I am not spending money on food, gas, etc for the entire 7 days. Had someone from work stop by this afternoon with her son. The cats were very happy to see people who were not me. her little guy blew bubbles for Hudson which she really liked. This is the nice lady who had me over for supper last Sunday and introduced me to a photo editing program and then kindly printed off a couple of my photos--which I purchased frames for yesterday and hope to hang in the next couple of days. It will be odd to actually have my own art hanging on the wall of the living room. The only place I have had my work is at work. It is looking like Vietnam in February of 2013. I'm super excited. I have already set aside a week of vacation from this year to carry over to next year so then I will still have a week to take later in the year when I really need a break. Thanks everyone for the well wishes. Jack has appreciated out thoughts over the past few weeks. The journey is certainly not over for him but I know he is over the worst. It is strange how someone I have never met has become so much a part of my life in the past few years. Glad to have you in my life Jack.

2 comments:

Jack said...

Hi Jennifer,

And I, as well, are glad to have you in my life!! Vietnam 2013, I am glad you have decided on a new destination for your next trip. Tax refund already spent & gone, LOL. I like the idea of not spending anything for a while, I tried that late last year, and it worked well. I hope you have a great week, and a Really! 'Good Friday'!

Jack

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

I like the descripton of the big snow flakes on the eye lashes. I could just picture it. I bet your friend's son had great fun blowing bubbles for your kitties. I think you should have a wall filled with your pictures. You take beautiful pictures and it is a shame not to be enjoying them.

Jack I hope all continues to go well for you and that each new day brings strength and health. Jennnifer and Jack - Happy Easter to you both.

Edith