Monday, April 16, 2012

I have an idiot out on the deck trying to catch snowflakes with her paws. The other idiot is inside watching the one outside. Nit wits. Tundra seems to be learning. She seems to know her name and comes when called--after a few minutes. I think that is just the catitude coming out. The word 'up' is also in her brain and she understands when I pat the couch or bed and say 'Tundra up' It is pretty neat to see that she has finally caught on to a few commands. The two of them also seem to understand the call to come in off the deck but for the most part choose to ignore me if the weather is nice. Can't say I blame them for that. They continue to be ever so helpful when I am trying to do crafts by helping hold down the paper on the desk or by tossing things onto the floor for me. There may be more than a touch of sarcasm in that comment. Updates...updates...updates.... The next Habitat trip is officially booked. Southern Vietnam in early March 2013. Super excited. We already have a number of people signed up for the trip and we haven't even finalized the budget. Friday the 13th I made the final payment on my truck!! It's paid off 4 months early which is nice. Oliver is officially MINE. And after six years there are still less than 80,000km on it. I'm off to Edmonton next Friday for one night. I have a Dr appointment in the morning and then hope to hit the highway, spend the night and then drive back on Saturday evening. I'm only going if the weather is good. It isn't 100% necessary but I would like some supplies and a night away is always good for the soul. If the girls are good I may even bring them back a treat. :) Not much else new at the moment. The outside idiot is now inside walking around and over the top of the laptop. Yep, great little helpers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,

Sounds like the kitties are growing up, paying attention to what they are asked!!

Snowflakes isn't a word I want to use until the fall!!! Hopefully you aren't getting too much of the white stuff now. Time to watch for some green growth. Before we know it, it will be grass cutting time, ugh - but hey I can't complain, hubby does that not me!

What crafts are you working on, your scrapbooking? The cats sound like they are enjoying the quality time with you, and being such helpful little buddies!!

Enjoy the trek to Edmonton, weather permitting.

Lori B.

Jack said...

Hi Jennifer,

I can just imagine her out on the deck trying to catch snowflakes, that must have been hilarious! Happy, Happy You! on Oliver being paid off! I am sure that's a great feeling. I hope your weather holds out, and that you get to have a nice trip to Edmonton!

Jack

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

You paint a great picture of your kitty trying to catch snow flakes. But I am happier here to see blue sky and feel warm temperatures! My kitty is loving being outside most of the day and taking in the outside world - that includes catching me birds and mice but they stay outside too!!!

So nice that you own Oliver. I hope that your truck continues to work really well for you with little maintenance required.

Have yourself a great day!!!

Edith