Sunday, April 8, 2012

Sunday morning must be my favorite time of the week. I feel no pressure to do anything and even my roommates seem content to laze around in the sunshine. My long weekend started extra early with having Thursday afternoon off which I am not sorry to say I spent napping. Friday I was able to relax and do some scrapbooking which was exactly how I had planned to spend my weekend.

A surprise invite to a friends for Easter dinner on Saturday was great. We went to the local greenhouse for an Easter Egg hunt. It was great fun. It also started my brain humming on flowers and herbs that will soon adorn my deck. I think I may buy a couple more planters to add to the deck so I can have both flowers and food.

Based on a discussion from the friends who served up a lovely turkey with all the trimmings I may have found my destination for my June camping trip. I had been thinking of a trip to Alaska but the timing seemed tight with the limited number of days I have off. With some rethinking though I may have found my plan...but I'm not sharing yet.

The roommates are awake now and fighting in the corner. It's so funny to watch. If Tundra just sat on Hudson the fight would be over but she doesn't seem to realize she has the weight advantage.
I'm off to do some more scrapbooking--have a great Sunday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

Your greenhouse pictures look so nice and Spring like. Since our ground was covered in snow this morning your flowers were evern more appreciated.

Happy Easter to you. I hope the scrap booking went well and that you are well rested for work next week.

Happy Easter Jack!

Edith

Jack said...

Hi Jennifer,

Beautiful greenhouse photos! Glad you have an impromptu outing, sounds like it was well worth the time. Please fill us in on your plans for your camping trip when you solidify your plans. Hope you have a great week ahead, I took tomorrow off, errands, etc. and a doctor appointment in the am. Happy Easter to you and the girls! Also, Happy Easter Edith!! and Lori as well, hope all is well with Lori.

Jack

Anonymous said...

Hello ... I am alive, although last week I wasn't too sure, can't seem to get past the cold since last November, comes and goes, and when it comes, it puts me down and out!! Sounds like everyone had a good Easter weekend. We had a fairly quiet one which suited me fine. Sister in law did the Easter dinner, always great when someone else cooks!!

Jennifer, the pics in the greenhouse really make me think of spring, which we know is around the corner, but until we hit May I won't put my winter boots away!! We are in PEI and you just never know when we will get a little blast of snow to remind us of our geographic location.

Jennifer, Jack and Edith, sometimes I think I need to get a cat to be part of the cuddling, although I don't think Edith's cat is too cuddley! We do have a dog that will sleep under the covers sometimes, only when hubby is away in our bed as they don't see eye to eye!!

Jack it sounds like things are on the mend which is great, hopefully things will get better and better for you!

Enjoy the rest of the week ... Lori B.