Wednesday, January 4, 2012

I guess I should have kept going with the last post but thought I'd save my Sunday for today....this is all I wrote about my Sunday adventures:

It's Sunday--market day. It is this cobble stone street full of vendors. I've just finished lunch--pizza again and note to self--I don't like anchovies!

And so ended Argentina notes. I had a fabulous time on Sunday walking the MANY, MANY blocks of market and picking up a few treasures along the way including a water colour that I am in love with and will be framing tonight. Monday we had an opportunity to wander around for a bit before boarding the bus that would take us back to the airport. One final trip to the gelato store and it was off to the airport and then finally touching down back in Canada.

Art work on a wall in BA.
 More great art work.
Man who painted the water colour I bought...holding the water colour I bought.
 Lady selling at the market. I like her comfy seat.
Isn't this guy great? He was selling cd's and went around singing to people while playing his guitar.

I bought three of these round flower type things. One large, one medium and one small. I pin them on my sweater. Very cute.
The market...look at all the people in the background.

It was a great trip.

It took me a few tries to get these photos added...two different nights of trying in fact.

And that is the end of Argentina. It was a great trip. I had been planning to head to Sri Lanka in June of 2012. The team from India had asked me to plan another and I was all for it. In the meantime worlds have collided and it looks like the trip is not going to happen. I'm disappointed, but we are still on schedule for 2013. It's likely for the best. I am going to be super busy this spring at work and wouldn't have a lot of time for planning. See...it all happens for a reason.

Long time readers may recall that I am sort of anti-New Years. I find it a night best spent at home in bed. This year was no different, but what I am doing is some mini-challenges. I googled anti new years resolution and found this challenge page. Each day they send you a small challenge to complete. They are super easy and never take more than 5 minutes but they really make you think about what you want in life. I am enjoying it and have added my own personal challenge for this week--to not spend any money for 7 days. I'm on day 4 and doing fine.

Welcome to 2012!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

The pictures are unique, just like you always take, and beautiful.

I can just see you wondering that market, taking pictures, looking at goods and trying to make a decision.

Sorry Sri Lanka did not work out for 2012. But it gives you lots of time to plan for 2013. You are really hooked on this Habitat building. Aren't they lucky to have you on board.

Good luck with that "no spending". I hope it doesn't include things like bread, milk and eggs!

Edith