Tuesday, June 21, 2011

I'm heading out to a couple of the sites tomorrow. The two big onces. xsinkrude and and xsoncore. Yes...spelled wrong on purpose. Figure it out...or not. I'm excited to head to site and get my feet dirty. Looking forward to it. Spent most of today with one of my colleagues from Edmonton and she showed me around all the files and folders and processes. Work continues to be great but I am looking forward to being immersed into the work. They've been taking it easy on me thus far. LOL.


My little garden is looking good and with all the rain we've had over the weekend I haven't needed to water it since planting. I may try the cats out on the deck with their collars on and attach them to a leash. One at a time until we know how to behave and what is expected of us. Seems a shame to not be able to have the door open to the apartment when the temps have been so great. The rain comes and goes in spurts so there is still lots of deck time on the go. And, considering the fires burning to the North we are all glad the rain is here. Hopefully this helps put the fire out as it is now under control but still burning.

The cats continue to amuse me. Their odd ball ways make me laugh all the time. Coming home and finding one of my good hand towels in their litter box not so amusing but I can't even imagine why or how they managed it. At 9pm last night I found them sound asleep curled at the foot of my bed. I knew this was not a good sign and sure enough when I crawled into bed they got up from their cat nap and decided to run around the apartment for a while. One of their favorite things to do lately is play with the small mat I have just inside the door. That mat really gets a work out and is never in the same place twice but it can often be found half in the apartment and half out. I wonder what the neighbours must think when the see the mat sticking out into the hallway and moving.

Got some bad news on the truck front. It needs some work to pass inspection. Almost $2000 to pass inspection. OUCH! While I have not noticed any problems with the truck and I suspect if it was in PEI it would be fine for a while longer the Alberta motor vehicle inspections are crazy. I took the truck to a garage owned by the company I work for and I'm getting a special rate and all...but still. OUCH!!

I feel like I'm busy in the evenings but besides getting some of my art work up on the walls I don't feel as though I did much last night...and so far tonight I've done nothing besides make myself supper and talk to my mom on the phone...and it feels like I should get going to bed soon.

This week I'm working 7-4 and so I get up at 5:30am to get out the door at 6:40am. It was hard. I put the kettle on this morning and by the time it boiled and I let the tea steep for 10 minutes then took 1/2 hour to drink it I was almost late this morning getting to work. Their must be a better way...other than getting up earlier. Maybe I need to drink faster but it is soooo relaxing to sip and enjoy. Oh well. I guess I should get a thermos and take it to work where I can sip while I work. And I guess if this is the biggest thing I have sitting on my brain at the moment I shouldn't complain.

Here's a few pics from India that I cropped and adjusted on the weekend.








4 comments:

Jack said...

Hi Jennifer,

Ouch is right! How in the world can it be 2000.00?? That seems like a really, really high figure. The hand towel episode is a riot!, I can only imagine how they got a hold of the towel. Oh, if you had a web cam in the apt. to watch what goes on during the day while you are gone, I'd bet you'd be laughing all the way home at the end of the day, or maybe frowning! :)Love the pics, especially the one of the Oleander blooms, mine is just starting to bloom now, they are so pretty, aren't they. Have a great rest of the week!

Jack

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Jennifer

Wow, I guess if Big Red needs that much attention, you are lucky you made it across Canada without any glitches!! Hopefully, it is nothing too major that needs fixing, $2,000 doesn't go far on a vehicle.

Jack's right, a web cam would be a hoot, to be able to see what the babes are doing while you are at work would be great entertainment. Biggest problem would be knowing which way to set it up so you don't miss anything!!

Sounds like work is working out well, so glad to hear that!! In no time you will be immersed in those files on your own and feel like you've been at it for years.

Enjoy your fresh herbs, I've heard the fresh ones are great, however, I'm not into gardening so Sobeys does fine for me!!

Good to have some evenings to kick back - don't have to be totally busy all the time - some Jennifer time is good - hanging art, etc. is good to get done and I'm sure you are enjoying looking at it again in its new home.

Take care ... Lori B.

Binky said...

Hi,
Glad to hear you're settling in so well. I hear you asbout the early AMs, even though I haven't done any that early in quite a while...

My better half had a dream last night that we got FOUR more kittens... Happily this is not in the plans.

I bet your two new friends are much bigger than the last time we saw them.

Take care,
B.

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

You don't understand the kittens. You use the bathroom - you use a towel. They use the bathroom (kitty litter) they use the towel! It must be a riot to watch, and listen to what those two are up to. I love the thought of someone out in the hall watching a mat move in and out under the door. Too funny!

So glad to hear you enjoy the job and that you are ready & willing to take on more.

I think the thermos idea for the tea would work and save you time in the morning instead of getting up earlier.

Good luck with the kittens on the deck.

Edith