Monday, November 12, 2012

Hope everyone had an enjoyable weekend. I am surprised that it is almost over. Last Sunday I came down with a nasty cold and it has been keeping me moving in slow motion since. I am feeling much better than I was early in the week but I am still a walking mucus producing machine which makes me cough on an all too regular basis. Cough isn't even the right word hacking, pieces of lung being hurled up...yeah, it isn't pretty.

Saturday though I decided to embrace the day and headed down Highway 40 to Grand Cache. Perhaps I should have researched it before hand but there didn't seem like a lot to see and do. It's ok--the sky was blue, the music on the radio great and I was in good spirits (aside from the cold). It is just over 2 hours each way. I took a few pics but  not many. It was a balmy -16 and I didn't want to be in/out of the heat/cold.








And a couple shots from my trip in Northern Alberta.








Here's to feeling healthy--for all of you, your friends and loved ones and me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,

Hope the cold has run its course by now, they seem to always hang on, no matter what time of the year it is!

So, how does the purple chair fit in? You should post a pic so we can see it. I bet it's funky and cool!

If nothing else in Grand Cache, the pictures are pretty. Winter pics are very soothing to the soul I think, very peaceful!

Enjoy the rest of your week - Lori B.

Jack said...

Hi Jennifer,

I hope you are feeling better now, that sounded like a very rough cold, to say the least! Photos are beautiful, as they always are when you take them. Lori is right, please take some photos of your new purple chair to share with us!

Jack

Anonymous said...

Jennifer: I loved the pictures. I presume those birds are eating some sort of road kill. Your eye for a picture is amazing. The bull rush picture is so simple and lovely.

Nasty cold is dragging you down so I'm glad you jumped in red and took a soothing drive. Proper thing!!

Edith