Sunday, March 4, 2012

Welcome to Winterplay in FMMA.

End of the day sunset.

Eagle carving...and yes, a man walking on stilts in the background. How he managed on the snow and ice is beyond me. He was cold though. He kept blowing on his hands to warm them up.
My sister mentioned that I haven't really shown her (or you) FMMA. So I will start with my weekend adventure. I spent most of Saturday waiting for the cable guy to show up and when I found out they were not going to show quickly headed down to see a little bit of Winterplay.

Yep, Winterplay. If you've got it--celebrate it. The pictures are not great but it will give you an idea of what we were seeing.

There were a number of gorgeous ice carvings. There had been a lot of snow down during the day so the carvings were not always looking their best. The snow coming down also made for a terrible white on white look.  But we were in a good mood, the temperature was great and the son of my friend had a great time going up and down the ice slide.

Raven


 Gorgeous bear carving. This one was our favorite. It was large in size and very detailed.
Of course this eagle was very impressive as well. It was super thin and at least 6 feet tall.

Side view of the bear.

The ice slide.

Ice maze. We went through and I slid down the small slide at the end.

Ice canoe.
Snow boarding looked like a lot of fun.

Inside the snow maze.

My friends son going down the slide for the upteenth time.



So this doesn't really show you my neighbourhood or the community as a whole but it does give you a small taste of the activities going on here.

3 comments:

Jack said...

Hi Jennifer,

The photos are outstanding as always! I love the ice sculptures, really beautiful, and I would love to get on the ice slide!! Hope you have a great week ahead. Also, many many thanks to ALL for all the very kind words and wishes!!

Jack

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

Sounds like you and your friends had a blast at the winter festivites. I think your pictures were great even if the snow didn't give you the color you wanted. I'm glad you got to go and not sit at home waiting for the cable guy.

Jack hope all is going ok for post surgery.

Edith

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,

Great pictures, and great ice sculptures, they are amazing! Looks like it would be lots of fun to attend. Better than waiting for cable guy for sure. Thanks for sharing with us! Hope you have some fun plans for the weekend.

Hope all is well at home Jack and that your partner is back to good health.

Cheers ... Lori B.