Sunday, August 14, 2011

Thunder and lightening storms seem to be an almost daily occurence here in FMMA. They never seem to last for long but they are very regular events. Friday night, Saturday afternoon and evening, Sunday noon and by the looks of the sky I'd say we are getting another one this evening. I've never seen to many thunder storms in all my life.

The cats are for the most part not bothered by them, I guess the noise is just another noise in the long line of noises they hear everyday. Although the storm at noon today was directly above us and the thunder and lightening were coming in quick succession and the noise was unbelievably loud. They cowered at one point but I coaxed them out and we played some ball...all was good.

The lack of blogging isn't over the money but I'm not posting any pictures because of it...it isn't the money, its the principle of the whole thing. When I go to add a photo it tells me I'm over my limit and then when you click on the link you get this...

"Images and photos that are uploaded through Blogger get stored in your Picasa Web Albums, which are part of your Google Account. The number of images you can upload is therefore dependent on the amount of space you are using on Picasa Web Albums. To find out how much space you have available, please see these instructions.

If you would like to purchase more storage space, the Picasa Web Albums help center can tell you how.

Note: If you have recently upgraded your quota limit, you may have to login to your PWA account in order for the new storage quota to be reflected on Blogger."

It's a tad confusing cause it doesn't seem that all my photos are on picaso. I dunno. I'm still thinking about the whole thing.

I made these last week:
http://www.cupcakeproject.com/2009/01/cranberry-orange-cupcakes.html

They were well received at the office. This week I'm hoping to make red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. My office mates are spoiled.

5 comments:

Jack said...

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for explaining to us the rules of the pics, blogger & picasso. I agree, it is the principle of the thing. Glad to hear the cats are not afraid of the storms. Mine runs upstairs & hides under my bed until they are over, scared to death of them. The cupcakes sound divine! Have a great week!

Jack

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,

Your weather sounds worse than ours in PEI! Has it been humid there, that usually encourages thunder storms? It was a great weekend weather wise, all those beach lovers and golfers should have been very happy!

I can't open the cupcake site from here, but it sounds good. Every time I now hear of Red Velvet cakes, etc. I think of you. You must be pleased that you can purchase it again (I'm assuming it's a mix, but hey, it could be home made!!) Too bad you didn't work with us, we love to sample goodies.

The blogging issue seems strange, but glad you cleared it up for us. No doubt you are confused as you say not all your pics are at the site they should be, strange ... wonder where in cyber space they landed!

Have a great week, long weekend coming up for us in Ch'town (Gold Cup Friday). I'm taking Thursday and hope to head to south shore of NS to visit friend's cottage. Hope the weather is OK!

Cheers ... Lori B.

Carolyn H said...

Just a thought: do you resize your photos before posting them? I always do,downsizing them quite a bit. Maybe that's why I've been blogging for 6 years without getting any nasty notes about this payment issue.

Anonymous said...

Jennifer: I've misse hearing from you. Sounds like your weather is very stormy. I like a good storm but one every day is a bit much. You have very brave kittens.

I made cup cakes last Friday with Phildelphia cream cheese icing. They were not red velvet though. I'm sure the co-workers will be happy to eat them.

Edith

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

Where did you go? It has been nearly two weeks since we have heard from you on your post. Hope all is well with you and that you have just been too busy to post to us.

Edith