Sunday, August 28, 2011

Hi. I'm not totally back but here's a quick update.

I'm not doing a whole heck of a lot at the moment. Work, reading, hanging with the cats.

The cats do not like the harnesses I bought and put on them this morning. In fact, Hudson got out of hers in under one minute flat. Since the appearance of a neighbour out on the deck and his claim that Hudson keeps going into his apartment to visit--she's nothing if not friendly--I have been unable to let them out on their own. One possible solution is to put them on a harness and tie them out on the deck. I guess that isn't going to work so well...or will take a lot of practice and patience on my part.

I've done some more baking for work. Today I made walnut brownies with a caramel sauce on top. They look yummy and gooey...hope they taste good.

I finally decided on a vacation destination....Argentina. Yep, South America here I come. I will be going down to do a GV build with Habitat. I'm pretty excited about the trip even though as usual it is MONTHS away. I'll be celebrating my birthday in Argentina this year--how cool is that. (December)

Yes, I'm still alive...I'm still not quite ready to blog FT...but that will come. Oh, and I'm an Aunt. Again. My sister had her baby today...a bouncing baby boy. Mother and son are apparently doing fine.

Thanks for the nice notes everyone, its nice to be missed.

3 comments:

Jack said...

Hi Jennifer,

Yes, I was wondering what had happened to you, but figured you were busy. Glad to hear all is well, I am sure I am not the only one that has missed you! Take care,

Jack

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,

Have missed your posts, but figured it was due to your being busy, which is good! Is your balcony attached to the neighbours', or does Hudson jump from one to the other? Can't imagine not enjoying a little kitty coming to visit!

South America, my what a lucky lady you are! My nephew was down there for a few weeks this summer. His girlfiend and another girl have been down there since spring and are having the time of their lives traveling around. Hiking, boating, fishing, beaching ... etc. They have posted some beautiful pics. December will be here before you know it.

Windy here at the moment, little bit of "Irene" still here..

Take care ... Lori B.

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

So happy to hear from you. You are relaxing and giving Jennifer time -proper thing. That Hudson is a regular hudini! Don't plan on keeping him tied down for long.

A new nephew! How special.What is his name and what does his siblings think of him??

Agrintina is very different for you. I know you will enjoy it and I know you need something like that in your future to keep you working towards a goal. Your travel destinations are so interesting.

Edith