Tuesday, June 18, 2013

I'm not promising that I'm back but I'm here this morning.

Since coming back from Vietnam I've been working hard and playing hard.I turned a wooden pallet into planter and have a number of flowers and a few herbs. Nothing major but it is fun to tinker in for a few minutes in the evening. A real garden someday would be fantastic.

Summer isn't officially here==Friday but it has been pretty summer like the past month. Hot, sunny, thunder showers then sunny again. The cats are certainly enjoying it. I cut a hole in the screen door so they can go in and out all day/night onto the deck. I don't know if they spend time out there while I'm at work but they certainly spend a lot of time there when I'm home. Hudson likes to jump up on the railing and watch the world go buy. Tundra isn't stupid enough to jump up there-she must know that her weight combined with the momentum required to jump that high would take her up and over the deck. But she can lay down and watch through the space between the wall and floor of the deck. They both seem very content. I'm just glad we are on the top floor of the building away from the other cats, dogs and people.

I often go out on the deck in the evenings and drink a glass of wine, read my book. It's very relaxing.

Haven't been camping this year but it is definitely on my mind. Maybe next weekend I keep telling myself but it hasn't happened yet...maybe next weekend. :)

Best get myself off the couch and ready for work. My bosses boss is up visiting this week and I need to be on time for a change.

2 comments:

Jack said...

Jennifer,

Wonderful!!! to hear from you!!! Glad to know you are enjoying your evenings on the deck with the girls. I hope you do get some time to go camping soon, you get so much enjoyment out of doing that. Please let s hear from you again soon!

Jack

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer: Great to have you back blogging again. I have been checking but not finding any updates.

If you cut the screen door to let the cats in and out do the black flies and misquotes come in too? You should get one of those magnetic screens they advertise so when you and the cats go through the screen the magnet pulls it closed again.

I'm glad you are not getting flooded like they are in Calgary and areas. Don't go camping in that area for a while.

Hi there Jack. Good to hear from you now that Jennifer is back blogging.

Edith